Cape Cornwall Club is under new management by owners Andrew and Leanne Cleary. As the First and Last Golf Course in the United Kingdom, it has re-branded itself as a Club, offering best-in-class facilities including a recently built indoor pool and spa, as well as a brand new gym with state-of-the-art equipment.
Their 15 double, ensuite, newly refurbished rooms have all the comforts of a luxury hotel and they also have Master Chef Peter Gorton as part of the opening team, whose first fine dining experience sold out in 24 hours! Their separate event space also allows Cape Cornwall Club to focus on events and weddings as their speciality, and it is the ideal location for a celebratory occasion.
The Clearys not only fell in love with the place but also the friendliness of the people and in particular the warm welcome from the Club members, which becomes evident as soon as you enter the 19th hole! Since July 2019, Andy and Leanne have built an inclusive, 360 experience for all. Expect a warm welcome from the friendly staff and Club members. The Clubhouse is informal and unpretentious and offers best-in-class facilities, including a recently built indoor pool and spa, and a brand new gym with state-of-the-art equipment.
The Club was once Nanpean Farm, but in the late 1980s was turned into an 18-hole golf course designed by Bob Hamilton. The original stone wall barns and farmhouse were converted into the Clubhouse which opened up to the public in 1990. The first club competition was a Texas Scramble, which is commemorated every year in May.
Andy and Leanne are delighted to welcome you to Cape Cornwall Club, where we have something for everyone.
10 reasons why CCC should be on everyone's bucket list
We have listed a few reasons why we think CCC should be on everybody’s bucket list and why we made it the place we wanted to live and work
- On a World Heritage Site and Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, steeped in Cornish mining history and surrounded by breathtaking coastal views
- The Club has been quoted as having ‘the most spectacular golf course scenery in Great Britain’ by Marcus Weatherburn of PlayMoreGolf, who has visited over 250 courses in the UK
- Excellent food cooked by passionate, experienced chefs, using the best local, seasonal produce
- Stunningly designed indoor heated swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi
- Brand new, fully equipt, air-conditioned gym
- Large function room and terrace perfect for events and weddings for which we can hold legal ceremonies
- 15 spacious, boutique bedrooms
- Free parking
- CCC is situated on the famous clifftop walk between Land’s Ends and St Ives
- The ‘first and last’ golf course in the UK and voted most scenic in the country
We are about to install two Rolec electric charging points, in partnership with the Tin Coast. As the only public EV charge point in St Just, you can enjoy a stress-free round of golf or hotel stay. You can find us on the EV charging point map!
We are proud to be located on the beauty of the West Penwith coastline, which has recently been awarded with the prestigious International Dark Sky Park designation by the International Dark-Sky Association (IDA) – making Cape Cornwall Club one of the best places in the world to view the beauty of the night sky!
With natural darkness at night and very little light pollution, we are committed to protecting and celebrating our unique setting, which has also been recognised as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) since 1959. Working as a part of the local community is important to us, and a mutual value and respect for our environment helps to monitor the skies, and upkeep our International Dark Sky Park.
Images taken by Simon Torr (instagram @snapandhope65)